Full-Time HR Officer at Takealot.com
takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented HR Officer to join our team in Cape Town.
We’re a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great!
This position reports to the HR Practitioner and provide a service to Mr D Food and Takealot.
Your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Support the onboarding process which include arranging a seamless on-boarding process, ensuring first day readiness, scheduling induction, collating new starter data etc.
- Ensure that all On-boarding Employee information is signed and submitted to payroll timeously
- Conduct onboarding training sessions when required
- Continuously provide effective and efficient ways on how to improve the onboarding process
- Assist new starters with the completion of payroll documentation
- Assist employees with day to day HR queries in relation to policies, procedures and processes
- Ensure that all ER templates and process flows are updated
- Support the HR Practitioner with coordinating Disciplinary hearings, consultations and other ER related meeting
- Provide insights to HR Practitioner on current updates on Labour Legislation
- Update CCMA case register regularly
- Assist with the compilation of ER reports
- Support the recruitment and selection process end to end using an online recruitment tool assisting the Hiring manager to set up the roles and make the necessary arrangements
- Facilitate hirealot training with all new hiring managers to ensure correct hirealot processes are followed
- Assist with conducting values interviews when required
- Assist Hiring Manager with operating our internal recruitment and selection tool (Greenhouse)
- Employment Equity
- Assist the HRP with the implementation and follow up of employment Equity Plan
- Assist with monthly reporting and planning
- HR Administration
- Provide general human resource administrative support to the HRP
- Monthly reports on Absenteeism, Employment Equity, recruitment, Starters and leavers, etc
- Ensure data is checked regularly to audit accuracy
- Administrative coordination and timeous submission of all HR related documentation according to relevant checklists and processes
- Ensure organograms are kept up to date and reflect accurately on the HR System
- Update systems and ensure employee data is up-to-date
- Support the resignation process and ensure leavers adhere to the company resignation policy and process
- Support the maternity leave process
- Well-organised and able to prioritise and deliver quality outputs under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as an effective team member
- Able to communicate clearly and voice an opinion
- Inherent customer service orientation and ability to manage expectations
- Self-directed and able to work independently
- High emotional quotient, resilient and able to manage set backs
- Solutions-oriented, can-do attitude and high energy
- Strong attention to detail
- Sense of urgency and works well under pressure
- Comfortable and able to function in an ambiguous, fast paced, high pressure environment
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills
- National Senior Certificate & ND HRM / BTech HR / HR degree
- 2 years HR Officer/administrator/trainee experience in a customer-centric, retail or e-commerce environment
- HR Experience in broad HR fields
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, its all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is forthright but respectful
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com.
- thinks like an owner of the business.
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARDWORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
How to Apply
120 total views, 8 today