Full-Time HR Specialist Sub-Saharan Africa Job at Uber
About the Role
We’re looking for an HR Specialist to be based in South Africa and support our employee population in Sub-Saharan Africa – someone who is passionate about finding ways to best support our growing Uber family. The HR Specialist is primarily responsible for supporting employees and managers with specific inquiries and implementing global and local HR programs within the region or function.
What You’ll Do
- Provide HR support to the business, advising first-line and first-time managers on performance management, policies, and other HR-related topics
- Manage Uber employee inquiries escalated from our People Support Center, and connect the employee to HR COEs as necessary
- Partner with your region or functions HR Business Partner on larger projects and org changes
- Support the execution of key cyclical HR programmes (e.g.annual performance/ compensation process, employee and manager surveys) across the region
- Plan and execute weekly new hire orientation including managing logistics with IT, badging etc
- Advise and complete all employee exits, both voluntary and involuntary
- Monitoring and overseeing the progress of the company against our numerical EE goals on a quarterly basis, as well as leading the work to file the annual reporting return
- Co-ordinating the quarterly Employment Equity Exco and Employment Equity Committee meetings and ensuring that reporting templates are produced ahead of time
- Acting as an ambassador for EE and ensuring that we build this into our day to day activities in the HR function as well as holding business leaders accountable
What You’ll Need
- 6+ years of experience in operational HR
- Experience in employment equity would be a huge advantage
- A can do attitude with a customer focused approach
- You’ll be self-driven and organized
- Experience in a fast-paced environment and able to adapt as new priorities come up
- Exceptional communication skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of regional HR legislation and best practice
- Experience with digital HR platforms like Workday and/or experience using JIRA is a plus
About the Team
Uber’s HR Specialist team works to ensure that our global employee population has a fantastic experience at Uber, from onboarding onwards. We’re the center-point between the different functional areas, the jack-of-all-trades who know the answers to employee questions, and if not, how to connect people who do. Based around the world, we are the front-face of HR to Uber’s employees, and connect closely with the HRBPs to implement people strategies, thinking globally and acting locally to ensure employees across Uber can focus on the work they were hired to do.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng
Closing Date: Ongoing
583 total views, 1 today