Full-Time Human Resources Manager by Tshipi E Ntle Manganese Mining
VACANY STATUS PUBLISHED DATE 30 April 2021
CLOSING DATE 14 May 2021
POSITION DESCRIPTION Human Resources Manager
REPORTING TO GM CORPORATE AFFAIRS
DIRECT REPORTS 5
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
• The development and management of a comprehensive HR strategy, plan and execution of all associated HR activities in support of the business operational, financial, customer and people goals.
• To manage, develop and enhance human resource practices and strategy within the business to ensure efficient and effective operation and strategy development and maintenance.
• Direct and manage the Human Resource function to ensure a competent and cohesive workforce that enables, inspires, empowers and rewards employees according to organisational strategic objectives.
- Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
- Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
- Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
- Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
• Strategic plan development and implementation:
- Developing the human resource strategic direction of the business pertaining to the relevant HR standards and the following HR value chain best practices: Talent Management; Workforce planning; Learning development; Performance Management; Reward and benefits; Employee wellness; Employee Relations; Organisational development; HR information systems and technology.
- Alignment of HR strategy to the overarching business strategy-supporting the achievement of key financial, people, business process/operational and customer outcomes.
- Supporting business unit managers in people strategy development and implementation.
- SME support, coordination/oversight of people strategy and tactics throughout the organization and business units.
• Financial and budgetary effectiveness:
- Interpret the strategic and operational requirements of the HR function and integrate financial needs to ensure the availability of financial.
- Deliver and manage an annual budget that represents best estimate of costs and supports the attainment of the organization and business unit’s financial objectives.
- Allocate and monitor the utilization of allocated funds to enable the attainment of objectives.
- Regularly review and proactively monitor and appropriately respond to spend against budget.
- Manage and report expenditure according to financial procedure.
- Provide SME support to business units, managers and the finance function to appropriately provide for people budgetary requirements.
• People Management/leadership:
- Provide management/leadership and guidance to the HR function and its employees, ensuring: Attraction; recruitment; development and motivation of employees. Alignment, measurement and management of employees efforts and performance towards the attainment of function and organisational objectives; resolving of disputes, grievances and conflicts.
- Ensure the proper utilisation of Human Resources for the HR function to ensure a competent skills base for the continued success of the function and organization through: Performance Management practices; Learning and development programmes; Succession planning programmes and practices; Reward and recognition practices; Coaching and mentoring practices.
- Ensuring a healthy and safe work environment for employees.
• Stakeholder engagement and management:
- Ensure that the needs of organisational stakeholders are prioritized and managed including but not limited to: The board of directors; Work colleagues and employees, Shareholders and investors; Community and external stakeholders.
- Monitor and report on projects as well as other SLP commitments such as skills training, employment equity, bursaries, learnerships and internships etc.
- Liaise with community organisations, municipality and the DMR regarding SLP reporting and commitments.
• HR Business process management:
- Identification, development and implementation of systems and processes to realize strategic objectives across the HR value chain in respect of: Talent management; Workforce planning; Learning and development; Performance management; Reward and benefits; Employee relations; Organisational development; HR information systems and technology.
- Ensuring HR processes and procedures are defined, documented, implemented, communicated and standardized throughout the organisation.
- Implement and maintain HR systems and processes in a manner that will ensure: Accurate reporting information on a regular basis as required; Highlighting of sub-standard performance, processes and systems and proposals on how these could be rectified.
- Employees understanding their roles and being managed in a manner so as to perform to the requirements of their roles.
- Ensuring compliance with applicable legal, regulatory, ethical, and other corporate compliance requirements.
- Continuous improvement of processes, systems, technology and people capabilities to enhance HR process performance.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
• Post graduate qualification (NQF 8 or above) with specialization in HR management/Social Sciences/ industrial psychology or relevant field.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
• 10 years experience within a unionised environment.
• 5 years experience in a managerial / leadership role.
• Demonstrable business success preferably within the mining industry relating to stakeholder management, SLPs, DTI Codes and Mining Charter.
• Project management experience.
• Business focus
• Socially and environmentally conscious
• Ability to create a high performance culture
• Coach and mentor
• Accountable and responsible
• Integrity and honesty
• Team orientated
• Customer / client focused
• Safety conscious
• Detail orientated
• Negotiator and influencer
• Self starter
• Driven and enthusiastic
• Zero tolerance for errors
• Assertive in obtaining the correct information
• A good communicator and presenter
• Planning, coordinating and prioritizing
• Strategic thinker
• Advanced communication skills, both written and oral
• Microsoft Office Professional (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, etc.)
• Manage diversity
Enquiries Applicants who meet the key requirements of the job must apply via the company website: www.tshipi.co.za
If you have not received any communication within 4 weeks after the closing date, please deem your application unsuccessful.
HOW TO APPLY
7 total views, 1 today