Full-Time Inbound Logistics Manager by Roche
Roche Diagnostics in Midrand is seeking an Inbound Logistics Manager to ensure the management of the best possible inventory holding and inbound logistics management for the management centre, into the SA and SADC markets to meet the required sales forecast at all times in accordance with relevant Global and Local SOPs and requirements.
- Develop and implement inbound logistics strategies, policies and procedures that are relevant and meet global and local requirements and are adhered to through the implementation of appropriate controls to ensure inventory holding meets required sales forecasts at all times.
Policy & Procedure Management:
- Develop policies by reviewing global SOPs and prescripts, understanding legislative frameworks and drafting policy for review and approval as required.
- Updating of policies, procedures and systems by reviewing and identifying amendments and improvements required, submitting policies and procedures for approval as required.
- Manage policies, end to end procedures and systems implementation by tracking compliance, implementing new policies and procedures, identifying areas of concern and risk and developing and implementing corrective actions as required.
Operations Planning and Management
- Develop functional plans and performance metrics by identifying work to be undertaken, allocating responsibilities and monitoring performance.
- Manage logistics performance by defining local targets in line with global category strategies, tracking performance against key metrics, identifying challenges and managing implementation of corrective action.
- Build relationships within Roche by collaborating with key role players, cross referencing, providing input, receiving feedback and engaging as required.
- Manage global projects by coordinating and managing activities, addressing concerns and managing implementation of corrective action.
Join our Telegram Group to get notified when Latest Jobs Vacancies in SouthAfrica are Posted. Click Here to Join Our Jobs in South Africa Telegram Group
- Support the appointment of 3PL providers by providing input into the terms of reference and review and provide recommendations on appointments.
- Build relationships by engaging with 3PL stakeholders, addressing queries, raising key concerns and issues and engaging monthly and as required.
Inventory & Logistics Management
- Provide input into warehousing and distribution solutions by reviewing options and good practices and making recommendations.
- Management of inventory levels by monitoring stock levels, stock turn, stock outs and write offs, identifying challenges and managing implementation of corrective action.
- Provide support in demand planning by analyzing inventory trends, identifying key factors and providing input and recommendations.
- Providing guidance to Product Managers on all aspects of inventory management in line with sales objectives to establish the best possible inventory forecast for each 15 month rolling period.
- Set, monitor and manage inventory holding levels against agreed KPI metrics (total rand value).
- Manage relationships with 3rd party logistics providers (3PLs).
- Provide operational solutions to internal business partners that are aligned to business objectives, processes and requirements.
- Oversee and generate management reports against inventory management and inbound logistics KPI metrics as and when required or as per SOP requirements.
- Continuously drive inventory management and inbound logistics projects that enhance business processes and improved efficiencies and ensure implementation of agreed improvements in areas of responsibility.
- Draft reports by sourcing and analysing information, identifying trends and patterns, developing recommendations and providing feedback.
Staff Leadership & Management
- To define the staff requirements, resourcing the team by retaining, recruiting, selecting and appointing staff as required, inducting new staff members, monitoring and managing performance and managing staff development.
You, as an ideal candidate, will have the following skills, experience and education:
- Required Qualification: NQF 7/8 in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Procurement, Finance or similar is required
- Required Experience: 5 – 7 years’ experience in Supply Chain Management, Finance or similar is required. Candidates with staff management experience will have a distinct advantage.
29 total views, 1 today