Full-Time Mid-Level Graphic Designer by American International School of Johannesburg
The Communications Office of the American International School of Johannesburg (AISJ) is looking for a vibrant, creative, and energetic individual that would like to work in an environment that is dynamic, fast-paced, and task-driven. The Mid-Level Graphic Designer is responsible for conceptualizing and implementing design solutions that meet presentation strategies from concept to completion. The Mid-Level Graphic Designer will play a lead role on projects and supervise and intermediate the junior designer(s) in creating concepts, layouts, and final art. Some of the other responsibilities in the communications area are: Filling documents and disseminating information, planning meetings, scheduling appointments, working in conjunction with the communications coordinator in the creation of concepts and conducting research, creating databases and spreadsheets, as well as help prepare reports and presentations and managing projects.
- Four-year related degree and a minimum of five years of design experience in an in-house creative department or design firm.
- Strong creative, organizational, problem-solving, and time-management skills.
- Adaptable and a quick learner. Must be able to apply style guides creatively.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite. Familiar with HTML and motion graphics.
- Possess strong conceptual skills, a high-level sense of design, layout, and typography, and a broad thinker who is able to offer a variety of design solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Expert knowledge in the graphic production process.
- Work well with tight deadlines in a team environment.
- Able to take projects from start to finish with minimal supervision.
The Mid-Level Graphic Designer will possess:
- Knowledge of the English language structure and content, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- An amicable and engaging personality
- Charismatic and confident communication and interpersonal skills
- Maturity, empathy, and professionalism in dealing with parents, students, and faculty
- Independent work ethic and goal-oriented
- Solution-driven, enterprising, and a self-starter
- Pays attention to detail and ability to maintain accurate and confidential records
- Ability to collaborate with and inspire those around them. A positive thinker.
- Ability to think out of the box, taking the time to understand the environment.
- Flexibility and acceptance of change
- Ability to work in a team set-up
- Ability to listen and understand the information presented verbally.
- Ability to prioritize
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to communicate visually, verbally, and in writing
- Excellent typing and computer skills
- Strong formatting skills
- Able to multi-task
- Excellent e-mail etiquette
Join our Telegram Group to get notified when Latest Jobs Vacancies in SouthAfrica are Posted. Click Here to Join Our Jobs in South Africa Telegram Group
The responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Knowledge of media production, communication techniques, and methods.
- Create designs, concepts, and layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and esthetical design concepts by AISJ standards and adopted branding.
- Mark up, paste, and assemble final layouts for printing.
- Creating and assist in the development of new campaigns, brainstorming, and execution.
- Prepare notes and illustrations for assembly and preparation of final layouts for printing.
- Liaise with external printers for printing jobs.
- Keep up to date technically and apply new knowledge to the position.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
- Provide information to supervisors and co-workers.
- Develop goals to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work requirements.
- Communicate with people outside the organization, representing the organization to the public.
- Responsible for daily event updates on all communications platforms, E.g., Website, Facebook
- Information updates on the website when needed
- Compose and distribute school surveys
- Photography and videography
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Communications Manager or the School Director.
- Annual Report conceptualization, design, and execution
- Yearbook conceptualization, design, implementation, and roll-out
- Liaising with outsourced printers and vendors
- Perform day-to-day content maintenance and ensure accurate, dynamic, informative, and updated information is available for identified users.
- Work intra- and cross-departmentally to obtain and post fresh online content routinely, including maintaining a web content schedule for the organization.
- Use existing HTML knowledge along with the contracted CMS to develop new, creative, and engaging web pages.
- Serve as the key liaison with the contracted CMS (Finalsite) for support and to take full advantage of website tools available with attention to functionality, ease of use, and user needs.
- Utilize and implement our CMS modules, including Calendar, eNotify, Messages, and PagePops.
- Work with the user groups to plan for future changes that may be necessary.
Please Follow the Instruction below for a Successful Application
29 total views, 1 today