Full-Time Senior Clinical Data SAS Programmer: Real World Solutions by IQVIA
Perform Lead/Senior SAS Programmer responsibilities on multiple projects, while maintaining a leadership role within the department. Develop and validate SAS programs to generate data cleaning reports and prepare data extracts. Develop internal tools and add-ons to facilitate the processes and work flow for Project Programming, and other departments within Data Operations. Provide SAS programming support to project team members and others within Project Programming.
Please only apply if you meet the candidate criteria as we cannot consider applications from unrelated disciplines.
Applications must be in English.
Closing date for applications is Friday the 19th of February
Candidate Criteria – Education, Knowledge, Skills And Experience
- BS degree/Masters (or equivalent, based upon education and experience) in Computer Science, Mathematics, life/analytical sciences or related field
- 4 years of work experience in SAS programming, preferably in a clinical environment
- Excellent knowledge of SAS Base, SAS Macro, and ODS as well as strong data step skills
- Knowledge of programming and validation methods, and software development life cycle.
- Knowledge of relational database concepts, and SQL experience
- Understanding of GCP, ICH, and FDA guidelines and regulations applicable to conduct clinical research
- Ability to perform multiple highly detail-oriented tasks with no supervision while meeting deadlines
- Ability to learn new programming languages, technology, tools and processes.
- Ability to develop and conduct training sessions, mentor junior staff
- Already possess the right to work in the hiring country
Join our Telegram Group to get notified when Latest Jobs Vacancies in SouthAfrica are Posted. Click Here to Join Our Jobs in South Africa Telegram Group
- Perform as a SAS Programming Lead within Project Programming
- Under guidance from management, define and maintain departmental standards, SOPs and working practices; and lead process improvement initiatives
- Collaborate with IT in evaluating and/or developing and implementing new technologies
- Manage and support project programming activities and deliverables
- Develop departmental training materials and execute training for new and existing staff
- Make presentations to clients and other interested individuals about the processes and procedures of the Project Programming department
- Review and provide feedback on project timelines and ensure that project tasks are completed timely and with acceptable quality
- Attend internal/external meetings as needed
- Review data transfer specifications and test transfers from vendors for reconciliation purpose
- Review and provide/collect SAS feedback on eCRF development and data structure changes and evaluate the impact on programming activities
- Set up default clinical data transfer and/or perform scheduled and ad-hoc data transfers
- Define specifications/test data, program and generate reports to facilitate vendor and/or SAE reconciliation, medical coding, investigator payments, data review (e.g., SAS data checks and patient profiles) and other needs, as requested
- Define specifications and test plans for data imports
- Develop specifications and programs to integrate local lab normal ranges with data extract.
- Support programming activities for medical coding group, including integration of coded terms with data extract files
Please Follow the Instruction below for a Successful Application
20 total views, 1 today