Full-Time Senior Energy Analyst by GreenCape
The GreenCape Energy Program is active throughout South Africa with a focus on both supply and demand aspects of the South African Energy Market. The program’s goal is to increase job creation and investment into green technology and services that support the energy sector. This role aims to provide technical skills to the energy team. The candidate must have a passion for the South African renewable energy market and be interested in travelling around South Africa.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Work as part of the Energy team, reporting to the programme manager.
- Renewable energy experience.
- Providing technical expertise to the team.
- Project manage both internal and external projects in the Western Cape and Mpumalanga.
- Provide advice to the government on energy strategy and policies.
- Present current work and findings to government, industry or the public.
- Interact with high-level government and industry leaders in South Africa and abroad.
- Understand the bigger picture in the South African Energy space
- This role will also support the work in Mpumalanga, and therefore the successful candidate must be willing to travel locally.
- Provide data collection and management support to aid market research – meticulous data management. Develop relationships to access data resources.
- Market Intelligence Reports- promote energy sector overview and opportunities to attract international investment and generate local jobs.
- Effective report writing.
- Quantitative and qualitative data collection and collation.
- Ability to engage with industry (networking).
- Understanding the energy market.
- Analyse and develop market opportunities.
- Understand renewable energy policy in South Africa.
- Develop sustainable models to increase the uptake of renewable energy in the Western Cape and South Africa.
- Contribute and brainstorm rules, regulations and standards in the energy sector of South Africa. Develop a framework and implementation guidelines.
- Use market intelligence to support the uptake of energy technologies in the private and public sector.
- Critically analyse opportunities for GreenCape and match with potential and existing funding base – private and public sector.
Join our Telegram Group to get notified when Latest Jobs Vacancies in SouthAfrica are Posted. Click Here to Join Our Jobs in South Africa Telegram Group
Required Qualifications, Skills, Experience and Attributes
- BSc (Eng) Electrical Engineering highly advantageous OR relevant higher qualification.
- Project Management Skills highly advantageous.
- At least 3 years working experience in the energy sector.
- Have a good understanding of the renewable energy market in South Africa
- Have experience in complex project management.
- Be able to confidently initiate and foster productive, professional relationships with a large variety of stakeholders, including business, investors and government.
- Have the ability to work as an individual as well as in a team.
- Have strong communication skills (written and verbal), with confidence in both formal and informal public speaking engagements.
- Possess problem-solving skills, and an ability to identify, understand and quantify the viability and size of energy sector opportunities.
- A valid South African Driver’s License
- High levels of professionalism.
- Proactivity and confidence in own initiatives
- Time management and upward management skills.
- Quantitative data collection and management ability.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Flexibility and the willingness to contribute to other organisational needs when required.
Please Follow the Instruction below for a Successful Application
5 total views, 1 today