Full-Time Senior Manager Actuarial by EY
We’re currently looking for an Actuarial Senior Manager to play a leading role in our dedicated Actuarial team. It’s a rapidly growing area supported by an increased focus on risk across the industry. That makes this a great time to join a high-profile team where you’ll be surrounded by some of the most interesting and knowledgeable colleagues around.
Risk has never been as important in banking at it is today, and that trend is only set to continue. It’s all about predicting future events in an increasingly ambiguous market. To stay ahead, we’re diversifying our risk capabilities and using innovative new tools and processes, and this is your chance to make a big impact on that vision.
Your Key Responsibilities
We’ll look to you to take a holistic approach to the role, developing your skills and knowledge in multiple areas. That means you won’t just be working on pensions or insurance. You’ll add value beyond what’s traditionally expected by modeling risk in multiples areas, including pricing and data analysis. You’re likely to spend most of your day working on your projects, with occasional direct meetings with clients to monitor and discuss progress.
Skills And Attributes For Success
- Identifying the key levers that impact solvency ratios and return on equity to optimize our clients’ capital position
- Modeling, documenting and preparing application files toward the Nation Bank of Belgium
- Validating estimate models
- Providing audit support for Solvency II and statutory reporting, including sample tests on Life Technical Provisions, IAS 19 and Pension funds
- Acting as an actuarial professional, providing guidance on a wide range of areas, such as life and general insurance, investment, corporate finance, risk management and pensions
- Further developing your team by coaching and mentoring a junior colleague
Join our Telegram Group to get notified when Latest Jobs Vacancies in SouthAfrica are Posted. Click Here to Join Our Jobs in South Africa Telegram Group
To qualify for the role you must have
Qualified actuary – Life Insurance
- 7+ years’ experience in the Life Insurance industry
- Qualified Actuary
- Strong experience in financial reporting (SAM/Solvency II, IFRS, EV, Economic Capital, Management reporting / Predictive modelling)
- Commercial awareness, and understanding the dynamics of financial services
- Be comfortable in applying judgement and sharing insight
- People management and project lead experience
Ideally, you’ll also have
- The executive presence and confidence to work with senior clients
- A global mindset with an appreciation of how organizations must respond to new risks that the forces of globalization bring
What We Look For
- More than anything, we’re interested in people with the right attitude for the job! That’s naturally entrepreneurial people that feed on the energy of a thriving global team. You’ll need a balance of technical and analytical skills, a creative approach to work and strong communication skills. Put simply, if you’ve got big ideas on how we can do better, as well as the confidence to voice them, this role is for you.
Please Follow the Instruction below for a Successful Application
55 total views, 1 today