Full-Time SENIOR MANAGER BY COMMUNITY/LOCAL GOVERNMENT
THE PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Senior Manager: Community/Local Government will provide advice, direct output and support to the Chairperson of SES sub-committee, VP: Legacy Projects, SVP: Group Sustainability and EVP: Group Corp. Affairs & Sustainability. The successful incumbent will be responsible to facilitate local stakeholder relations and community facilitation to ensure effective social preparedness, participation and cohesion for the execution of the Legacy projects.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in a sustainability related related field (social sciences, commerce, evonomics, sustainability, or community project management).
- Relevant post-graduate education (social sciences, commerce, evonomics, sustainability, or community project management).
- At least 5 years’ experience working with communities, community projects, communities in a social facilitation capacity.
- Experience in working in community development, heritage and education sector.
- Demonstratable experience in managing and leading programmes at community leadership level.
- Strong capacity in building, managing and influencing networks and relationships.
- Organising and planning skills
- Strong leadership and effective communication skills.
- Experience in direct project budget oversight and accountability.
- Ability to engage in local languages – isiXhosa, isiZulu, Tswana, Sotho
- Overall knowledge of local government and traditional leaders legislative frameworks.
- Internal mechanisms for decision making in the local community.
- Facilitate local communities’ participation and engagement processes in the implementation of the legacy projects.
- Ensure coordination, influence and enhance relations with traditional leaders, civil society, local and provincial government and other stakeholders.
- Ensure host communities are informed and integrated into the identified projects as direct beneficiaries.
- Working with families/farmers connecting them to the projects as far as possible whilst developing and maintaining sound relationships and transparent communication with them.
- Facilitate and manage resolution of disputes between and among stakeholders to the projects.
- Produce reports with focused area data, demographics, socio-economic analysis, and community livelihoods where required to support Legacy project execution.
- Preside over project local steering committees and facilitate favourable social environment is maintained for the timely and successful implementation of the project at local level. Promote awareness of AGA interventions at local level.
- Provide early warning awareness signals for and manage on the ground dynamics and activities in relation to project implementation.
- Manage and report on the community facilitation budget and oversight on AGA assets at on the ground project level. While the budget holder is the VP Legacy, the incumbent to decide on the projects viability and manage the spend on behalf of the organization.
- Missed opportunity of financial implications need to be closely managed, where the seniority of the role is critical in ensuring buy-in from the community. Building a school and having the community use it, due to influence and positive engagement, as opposed to no buy-in from the community leaders and the school standing empty and ultimate wasting the organisations funds.
- Management the procurement processes and contract development for suppliers in ensuring the legacy projects serve the needs of the community. Ensure cross functional support and buy in from all the sustainability teams in the execution of complex projects, like providing clinics and schools in the previous host communities.
- Ensure cross functional support and buy in from all the sustainability teams in the execution of complex projects, like providing clinics and schools in the previous host communities.
- Work effectively with community structures in a collaborative effort and build relationships to achieve set goals.
- Possess advanced oral and written communication ability (to educate, influence, and mobilise resources) to achieve short and long term goals.
- Effective identification of issues likely to hinder project progress and employ troubleshooting interventions.
- Be passionate, patient and understanding of community dynamics and raise red flags in time.
- Coherent Report writing and clear communication to both community, and AGA.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and innovative thinking in the facilitation process to ensure ease of implementation of projects.
- Be respected, approachable and transparent with community at large. Be able to interact at all levels of government.
- Conflict Management – assist conflicting parties to collaborate (a win-win outcome) or to compromise (each party needs to be flexible and give up something).
- Strong Ethics – adhere to strong moral standards, making choices based on an ethical code to follow company procedures and policies, follow the law, and make choices based on empathy.
- Strong Communication Skills.
Salary will be in accordance with the AngloGold Ashanti Schedule of Salaries.
Please complete the Internal Job Application Form (attached) and kindly inform your Line Manager, Manager once Removed and HR Manager of your intentions. Submit the signed Internal Job Application Form with your comprehensive via success factors by close of business on 11 May 2021.
Please note that applications should be submitted before the 11 May 2021 and applicants not contacted within 31 days of applying, should consider their application unsuccessful.
HOW TO APPLY
6 total views, 1 today