Full-Time Specialist: Statistical Analyst by AfroCentric Group
SCAM ALERT: How To Identify Fraudalent Jobs in South Africa
SOUTH AFRICA JOBS: How to Get a Job During Coronavirus Era
Online Jobs JOBS: Online Jobs to Consider While Seeking Permanent Employment
About the job
AfroCentric is a black-owned investment holding Company that provides health administration and health risk management solutions. AfroCentric contributes to South Africa’s sustainable health and welfare by investing in healthcare-related businesses that grows its portfolio and diversifies its revenue sources. The Group’s operating subsidiaries provide a range of complementary services to its traditional medical scheme clients and a portfolio of healthcare-related enterprises. These services include:
- IT solutions;
- specialized disease management;
- pharmaceutical wholesaling; and
- Pharmaceutical courier distribution services.
As a leading health administration organisation, we have:-
- 3.7 million lives under our management
- 19 client medical schemes in southern Africa
- 5 274 employees (including countries outside of South Africa)
Specialist: Statistical Analyst
Health Intelligence Unit (Roodepoort or Cape Town)
Medscheme’s Health Intelligence Unit (‘HIU’) provides value-adding reports, data-driven insights into healthcare risks and innovative data visualisation. We are looking for a Statistical Analyst to fulfil a key role in the Actuarial Oversight team.
The successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for developing and producing reports and proactively conducting drill down analysis to identify problem areas so that appropriate cost containment or managed care strategies can be developed for client schemes.
- Extract data from several data platforms, including SAS and Oracle, using BI applications including SAS Viya, SQL and Business Objects.
- Develop an understanding of the various information and data sources and what source to use for which purpose.
- Develop an understanding of the structure of the database entities relevant to scheme reporting.
- Create value adding routine reports and ad hoc data analysis.
- Assist with and enhance Scheme reporting: monthly, quarterly and annual
- Conduct in-depth exploratory analysis / drill downs (e.g. investigate anomalies that could indicate Fraud, Waste and Abuse).
- Prepare reports and presentations for key medical scheme clients on financial performance, clinical risk and any areas of concern. Build reports that can be rolled out to all schemes in order to improve efficiency.
- Work closely with experts within HIU and with stakeholders to develop prototype reports and work towards automation of these reports.
Join our Telegram Group to get notified when Latest Jobs Vacancies in SouthAfrica are Posted. Click Here to Join Our Jobs in South Africa Telegram Group
The ideal candidate will have a degree with majors in Mathematics, Statistics or Actuarial Science. Strong analytical and technical (programming) skills are essential.
The following will be advantageous:
- 2+ years of experience in a statistical analyst, actuarial science or data science role.
- Actuarial student making progress towards their actuarial exams or experienced statistician or BI professional
- Strong technical analytical skills.
- 1+ years of experience within the healthcare industry.
- SAS and/or SQL coding experience and experience using Statistical Analysis Tools.
Competency and Skills Requirements:
- The ideal candidate will be required to demonstrate the following job critical competencies:
- A self-starter, and capable of working independently.
- Intermediate or advanced spreadsheet skills (e.g. Excel, VBA).
- The ability to decipher complicated problems and distill the requirements down to key deliverables.
- Be proactive, energetic and enthusiastic to solve problems.
- Display innovation and out of the box thinking
- Pay attention to accuracy and detail
- Statistical analysis, modelling and reporting
- Strong numerical ability and reasoned thinking.
- The ability to communicate difficult concepts verbally and in written form.
If you have the requirements specified in the above job advert, and are keen to explore this opportunity please apply via LinkedIn with your full updated CV. If you do not receive a response by the 30 of January 2021, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Please Follow the Instruction below for a Successful Application
59 total views, 1 today