Full-Time Strategy Senior Manager by PwC
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Strategy and Transaction Services Deals Consulting practice, within General Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help clients seize essential advantages by working alongside business leaders to solve their toughest problems and capture their greatest opportunities. We work with some of the world’s largest and most complex companies to understand their unique business issues and opportunities in an ever changing environment. We help create sustainable change by stimulating innovation, unlocking data possibilities, navigating risk and regulatory complexity, optimising deals, and aligning costs with business strategy to create a competitive advantage.
Mergers and Acquisitions is a fundamental part of how companies seek to win in their markets and we help clients make the right decisions. With us, you’ll get to know a company from the inside out, and combine razor sharp analysis with creative problem solving. Strategy and Mergers & Acquisitions go hand in hand, so while we are often assessing companies and markets in the context of a transaction, many of our projects go beyond Mergers & Acquisitions, helping clients develop innovative strategies to deliver revenue and profit growth.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Encourage everyone to have a voice and invite opinion from all, including quieter members of the team.
- Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations.
- Initiate open and candid coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Contribute technical knowledge in area of specialism.
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- Navigate the complexities of cross-border and/or diverse teams and engagements.
- Initiate and lead open conversations with teams, clients and stakeholders to build trust.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Profile Summary
Strategy& is PwC’s global strategy business and a part of the PwC network, working closely together with PwC colleagues, to build trust in society and solve complex problems. Strategy& has several distinct characteristics including a unique career track, a world-class and globally defined training curriculum, structured mentorship programmes, and leading people processes.
When you join Strategy&, you join a global team with a proud heritage of pioneering ideas and thought leadership. Strategy& focuses on the development of high impact and pragmatic strategies to solve complex problems and maximise market potential and differentiation. This is achieved though leveraging and strengthening core capabilities within the business and driving sustainable shareholder/stakeholder value and bottom line/impact. Our strategies incorporate detailed analytics, global and local leading practices and case studies, innovation, industry and domain SMEs, design business architecture and design of the journey.
We invite you to contact us if you have strong capability in the energy and enjoy project based and diverse work which often includes travel.
As a Senior Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead and manage project teams and ensure delivery of value-driven recommendations, knowledge transfer and effective advisory
- Develop project strategies to solve complex technical challenges for our clients
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Directors and above:
- Oversee client assignments through to its natural conclusion
- Manage client risks, governance and project administration (including financial management, project profitability, scope and timelines)
- Manage client, internal leadership and other relevant stakeholders relationships
- Manage, lead and inspire client engagements
- Support clients to implement organisational change through various types of client engagement and use of change management processes
- Plan and manage the delivery of quality work by project teams – drive conclusions, and review / challenge the output produced by the team
- Deliver formal and informal presentations internally and externally.
- Strong written report skills are needed to produce clear, persuasive and concisely written presentations
- Manage the development of the team (internal and client) during the length of each project and identify opportunities for them to grow and build their skills
- Build productive and lasting relationships within Strategy& and PwC at all levels and be seen as a valued member of the office community – contributing to internal firm-building activities proactively
- Build long-lasting, trusting relationships with client organisations based on adding value to their business
- Drive the development of high-quality proposals and other business development initiatives
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Drive the development of high-quality proposals
- Shape and deliver projects to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients and our own quality criteria
- Continue to develop internal relationships and developing your PwC brand
Similar Leanerships Jobs For you: Click Here: ALL Leanerships Job Vacancies in South Africa Today
Similar Government Jobs For you: Click Here: ALL Government Job Vacancies in South Africa Today
Additional Job Description
- Work cross functionally with PwC competencies in a seamless and cohesive manner
- Be culturally and diversity aware and supportive of our South African and African contexts
- International work experience is important to demonstrate cultural sensitivity and ability to work highly challenging environments
- Demonstrate deep knowledge and awareness of current market trends and activities of key competitors
- Develop and shape proposals and propositions across countries, functions, sectors and accounts
- Adhere to and promote quality and risk management standards
- Focus on improving profitability while managing business risk
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills to facilitate interaction across hierarchies and functions
- Demonstrate strong quantitative skills and attention to detail, at the same time as having the ability to step back and identify high level issues
- Possess the flexibility and commercialism to manage a diverse range of responsibilities in a dynamic and results oriented environment.
- Able to demonstrate flexibility in adjusting to highly varied projects and rapidly coming up the learning curve in unfamiliar industries and functions
- Proven track record of successfully completing different types of projects, ranging from strategy to implementation, across a number of unrelated industries
- Ability to lead teams in an autonomous strategic, consulting environment and be seen as a strong team player with excellent communication and client handling skills
- Self-motivated and capable of developing innovative approaches to difficult issues
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly analytical mind and structured thinking with sound business judgment and maturity, including the ability to develop a “big picture” view (intellectual curiosity)
- Ability to build strong relationships at all levels of the organisation (client and internal), rapidly building rapport, establishing your credibility and gaining trust
- Good organisational, time management and planning skills
- Positive outlook and contributor to a healthy team environment
- MBA, honours or master’s degree from a leading university (preferred) in Engineering, Commerce, Mathematics and Science
Minimum years’ experience required
- Minimum 8 years’ relevant experience within industry or with a reputable consulting firm OR
- 4 to 5 years’ relevant professional experience at a top strategy consulting firm
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Up to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date
June 21, 2021
HOW TO APPLY
10 total views, 1 today